|Name||Sutiman Bambang Sumitro, M.Sc., D.Sc., Professor|
|Date of birth||March, 11th1954|
|Place of birth||Yogyakarta, Indonesia|
|Position||Professor in Cell Biology, Department of Biology,
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences,
|Office Address||Department of Biology
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences,
Malang, 65145, Indonesia.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Biology from Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, received at 1976.
- Sarjana (Doctorandus) degree in Biology from Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia received at 1978
- Master of Science (MS) Degree in Biology from Graduate School of Science and Technology of Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia received at 1984.
- Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) degree in Cell Biology from Graduate School of Biology, Nagoya University, Japan, received at 1989.
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Mie University, Japan, 1993.
- Sumitro, S.B. and Haminani S. Djalal T., 1981. The effects of DDT on the histological structure of Crop glands in the brooding pigeon couples. Warta Anatomi, 6: 23-31.
- Sumitro S.B., 1984. Kemampuan metabolism tanaman tembakau kedu rajangan dalam berbagai kondisi stress kekeringan dan jenis tanah. Thesis Sarjana Utama. Program Studi Sain dan Teknologi, UGM.
- Sumitro, S.B. and H. Sato, 1989. The effects of D2O in developing sea urchin eggs. Cell Structure and Function, 14: 95-111.
- Sumitro, S.B., K. Izutsu and H. Sato, 1989. Effects of D2O on Movement of Chromosomes and the shorthening of kinetochore spindle fibers in anaphase in dividing spermatocytes of the grasshopper, Mongolotettix japonicus, Cell Structure and Function, 14: 345-351.
- Sumitro, S.B., 1994. The vegetal plate invagination of developing sea urchin eggs in deutered condition. 3rd APOCB Congress, Sydney.
- Sumitro, S.B. and Susilo, H., 1995. Biology Education in Indonesia. International Seminar on Science and Mathematics Education, JICA, Jakarta and Bandung: July 3-7, 1995.
- Susilawati T., and Sumitro, S.B., 1996. Separation of X-Y chromosome bearing sperms of Indonesian native bulls using sephadex G-200 and percoll density gradient centrifugation. 13rd International congress on animal reproduction, Sydney, Australia.
- Sumitro, S.B., 1997. The retarded gastrulation induced in developing sea urchin embryo by rearing in D2O-sea water. Biologi (2) 4: 175-191.
- Sumitro, S.B., M. Handaru dan Fatchiyah, 1998. Possible role of small heat shock protein HSP25 in development of neoplasticity of proliverative lung cells. Berkala Kedokteran XIII (3): 21-27.
- Sumitro, S.B., 1998. A comparative study of mitotic activity in spermatocyte mother cells of grassshoppers under continues microscopic observation. J. Biol. Res., (4), 1: 45-50.
- Susilawati, T., Sumitro, S.B., Hardjopranjoto, S., Djati, M.S., and Ciptadi, G., 1999. Comparative study of diluter Tris and TCM-199 in freezing bull sperm after sephadex G-200 filtration. Media Veteriner, (6), 4: 9-14.
- Aulani’am. Fatchiyah, Djoko W., Sumitro S.B.,1999. Pembuatan anti-glutamic acid decarboxylase dan anti-GAD antibodi untuk prediksi penderita pre-diabetes mellitus: Produksi, pemurnian, dan karakterisasi anti-GAD65 dan anti GAD65 antibodi hasil induksi oleh enzim GAD.
- Sumitro S.B., Sri Widyarti and Fatchiyah, 2001. The In Situ Hybridization analysis of Heat Shocked Protein gene expression in proliferate lung cells. International Congress on Cell Differentiation. Gold Coast, Australia.
- Sumitro S.B., Aulani’am, Susilawati T., and Hinting A., 2001. Isolation and caracterization of ZP proteins from bovine. A possible used for contraceptive vaccine Reprotech 1 (1): 24-30
- Mubarak, S.A., Sumitro, S.B., Djati M., S., and Aulanni’am. 2001. Isolation of Zona Pellicida Glycoprotein (ZP3) from the bovine Follicullar Oocyte and Property of their Immunogenety. Biosain 1(2): 12-20.
- Tianing, Ni W., Sumitro, S.B., Sulistyowati, L., and Muliartha, I, K., G., 2002. Histopathological discription and gene ATPase 6,8 and Cox III aplification in mtDNA of breast cancer tissue. Biosain, 2(2): 96-106.
- Sumitro, S.B., Fatchiyah F., Widyarti, S., Istanti A., Riawan, W., 2002. The analysis of early neoplastic tissue in lung: Immunocytochemical studies on F-actins filaments and HSP25 interaction and in situ hybridization of mRNA analyzing HSP25 gen expression in new born rat induced by benzapyren. International Congress on Cell Differentiation, Lion, France.
- Permatasari N., Widodo, M.A., and Sumitro, S.B., 2002. High Glucose concentration increases basal intracellular calcium concentration in HUVECs. J. Asian Federation on Endocrine Societies (JAFES), 2 (1): 139-141
- Sumitro, S.B., Aulanni’am, Sutiyoso, 2002. Bovine zonna pellucida 3 (bZP3): A candidate for immunocontraceptive vaccine. J. Asian Federation on Endocrine Societies (JAFES), 2(1): 145-148.
- Sumitro, S.B., Permatasari, N., and Soeatmadji, W. 2003. The cytoskeletal structural changes in HUVECs: The role of Increasing Intracellular Ca ions induced by high glucose concentration.. International Forum on Diabetes, Osaka, Japan (invited paper)
- Hanizar E., Sumitro, S.B., and Hinting A (2004). Detection of RBM and DAZ genes deletion on Java and non Java infertile men. REPROTECH, (1), 3:117-120.
- Sumitro, S.B. and Aulanni’am, (2004). The deglycocylated protein of Zona pellucida3, an effective antigen for woman immuno-contraceptive vaccine. A keynote speaker in the 4th Asia Pacific Symposium of Fertility and Sterility. Naha, Okinawa, Japan
- Widyarti, S., and Sumitro, S.B. (2005). Apoptosis in early pre-carcinogenic lung tissue. A study of HSP25 role on cellular homeostatic regulation. International Biotechnology in Biomedicine, Singapore, 2-3 August. 2005.
- Arumningtyas. E.L., and Sumitro, S.B. (2005). Variability of Kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.) treated by Ethyl Methanesulfonate (EMS) Based on randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD). International conference of Genomic and Biotechnology. Raipur, India, 26-28 October 2005.
- 24. Hinting A., Hanizar E and, Sumitro, S.B. (2006). RBM and DAZ genes deletion , a nonspecific marker for man infertility. International Conference of Advance Reproductive Technology. 25-26 February, 2006.
- 25. Dewi Olly, Widodo A., Husnul, K., Cisca N., Permatasari, N., Sargowo, J., Sumitro, S.B. (2007). Calcium concentration in the cytoplasm of HUVECS culture exposed to High glucose concentration is dynamically regulated and time dependent. 21st. Sci. Meet. Int. Soc. Hypertens. Paris.
- Philip C.N. Chiu, Ben S.T. Wong, C.L. Lee, Ronald R.T. Pang, Kai-Fai Lee, S.B. Sumitro, S.K. Gupta,and William S.B. Yeung (2007.) Biological activities of native human zona pellucida glycoproteins on acrosome reaction, hyperactivation and spermatozoa-zona pellucida binding (Human Reproduction pp:1-9. Advance access publication)
- Philip C.N. Chiu, Ben S.T. Wong, M.K. Chung, Kevin K.W. Lam, Ronald T.K. Pang, Kai-Fai Lee, S.B. Sumitro, S.K. Gupta and William S.B. Yeung (2008) Effects of native human zona pellucida glycoprotein-3 and -4 on acrosome reaction and zona pellucida binding on human spermatozoa. Human Reproduction Vol.23, No.6 pp. 1385–1393.
- Chiu P.C.N., S.K. Gupta, S.B. Sumitro, and SB. Yeung (2008). Purification of Native Human Zona Pellucida Glycoproteins from Eggs: Binding Characteristics to Human Spermatozoa, Hyper-activation, Acrosomal Exocytosis, and Sperm-Oocyte Interaction. 41st Annual Meeting of Society for the Study of Reproduction“Reproductive Biology. Basic Discoveries that Affect Our Lives”27–30 May 2008. Hawaii.
- Sumitro SB., 2009. Nanobiology concept for divine filter, a holistic point of view of cellular and molecular biology attempting to reduce harm of cigarette smoke, General Lecture in front of Graduate Students of STIH, ITB.
- Pramana, WHA, S. Widyarti, S.B. Sumitro (2010) The biological effect of divine smoke interacting with human nano particulates on BSR of rats (Basic Science 6)
- Gretha Z. and SB. Sumitro (2010). The living energy of Life: Arbitrary mercury sensitizer in rhombohedron shape is noted for moderator water important for living system. www.Smartbio.org.
- 32. SB. Sumitro and G. Zahar (2010). The relativistic character of mercury is important factor in deteriorating the living system. A new vision about the effect of sub atomic character of mercury in the living system, ICEME 2010, April 6th – 9th, 2010 – Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 33. WHA Pramana, WH., Widyarti, S., Sumitro (2010). The biological effect of divine smoke interacting with human nano particulates on BSR of rats. Basic Science Seminar 6, Malang
- 34. Sumitro, S.B. (2010). Ethno-botany of tobacco, the Impact of reductionism in modern medical science and globalization. Key note Speaker of CGIG International Conference, Malang, Indonesia.
- Sumitro, S.B., (Accepted for presentation on ICEME 2011): Study on biradical base complex sructure: A possible way to find out natural nanoparticles from the human body. Invited Paper, Proceeding of International Conference on Metaengineering, Orlando, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SB. Sumitro, Yudhi A., G. Zahar (2011). The role of mercury in nucleation of smoke particulates of cigarette smoke (preparation for publication)
Protein of Zonna Pellucida and its antibodies for human and mammalian
P00200300562, Nopember, 5th. 2003
Antibody diagnostic kits of GAD65 for pre-diabetic detection scheme
P00200300564, November, 5th. 2003
Peer reviewer/ Editor Experiences of Scientific Journals:
- Editor for Natural Journal, The Journal of Faculty Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Brawijaya University
- Editor in Chief for Indonesian Journal of Biological Researches
- Anggota Dewan Penyunting Jurnal Matematika dan Ilmu Pengetahuan Alam
- Editor for Berkala Kedokteran
- Editor for Jurnal Ilmu-ilmu Hayati
- Editor in Chief for REPROTECH, The Journal for Reproductive Science and Technology
- Editor for Indonesian Biomedical Journal
Participation on Professional Organization
- Members of Indonesian Biologist Association (Scientific Committee; East Java Province Coordinator for 2001-2004)
- Head of Research group Forum of Molecular and Cellular Studies of Brawijaya University.
- International Advisory board for Asia Pacific Organization on Cell Biology (APOCB)
- Organizer of Indonesian Biotechnology Association
- Head of Advisory committee PATRI (Indonesian Reproductive Technology Association)
- Head of Biological laboratory of Brawijaya University 1980-1982
- Head of Laboratory of Physiology and Cell Culture of Department of Biology, Brawijaya University, 1990-1995.
- Head of Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Brawijaya University 1996-2002
- Dean of Faculty of Science, Malang Islamic University, 1992-1994
- Dean of Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Brawijaya University, 1994-2000.
- Director of Sub Project Management Unit of Technological and Skill Development Project for Brawijaya University 2001-2004
- Executive Director of Development for Undergraduate Education (Due-like) Project for Brawijaya University 2002-2003
- Dean of Faculty of Science and Technology, Malang Islamic State University 2007- 2009
- Dean of Faculty of Science and Technology, Maulana Malik Ibrahim Islamic State University 2009-2013
1. International Development Program (IDP) Consultant for Development of Basic Biological laboratory at Mataram University, 1992
2. GTZ consultant for Laboratory management of N-55 Project 1994-1996.
3. Curriculum development consultant of Biology Study Program, Airlangga University 2003 and 2004
4. Research and Scientific Publication Development of Biology Study Program, ITS 2005
5. Molecular Biology Laboratory Development consultant for Department of Biology, faculty of Science and Technology, Airlangga University 2010.
Foreign Language Ability:
English (good speaking and writing), and Japanese (good speaking, and fairly writing)